Introduction: Reasons for gear reducer’s oil leakage.
(1) In a totally enclosed gearbox, each pair of gears meshed and the gear immersed in the oil and stirred the lubrication oil to generate heat.
(2) Unreasonable structure of reducer causes oil leakage. the gearbox cannot achieve pressure equalization, If the designed gear reducer has no ventilation hood or the ventilation hood is too small, It will also cause the pressure in the box to rise, there is an oil leak.
1. Reasons for gearbox oil leakage.
(1) In a totally enclosed gearbox, the meshing of each pair of gears and the immersion of the gears in the lubricating oil generate heat.
with the long-running time, the temperature in the gear unit gradually increases, and the pressure in the gearbox increases accordingly. The lubricating oil in the unit is splashed and sprinkled on the inner surface of the gear unit(box). Because the viscosity of the lubricating oil increases with the temperature reduction,
The permeability of the lubricating oil is stronger, and under the action of the pressure in the gearbox, the lubricating oil can leak along the sub-box surface or the seal of the shaft extension.
(2) Unreasonable structure of gearbox causes oil leakage.
If the designed gearbox does not have a vent hood or the vent hood is too small, the gearbox cannot achieve pressure equalization, which will also cause the pressure in the box to rise and oil leakage.
(3) The bad working environment of the gearbox causes oil leakage. If the environment is dusty, the ventilation effect of the ventilation hood is poor, pressure equalization, high temperature, and harmful media cannot be achieved, which will cause the seals to age, and oil leakage will occur.
(4) The assembly quality is not up to the requirements, and the sealing of the joint surface is not good when the cover of the reducer is repaired and installed, and oil leakage will also occur.
please contact SDTTECH if you would like to know how to solve the gear reducer oil leakage question.